Auto accidents can happen to even the safest or most experienced drivers. However, if you have been injured in a car accident it can be one of the most frightening experiences of your life. The physical pain you experience, the psychological trauma you endure and the financial pressure that you were placed under can create life altering consequences for you.
Our Portland personal injury lawyers look to obtain the most amount of money possible for you so you can be properly compensated for all of your injuries and damages. We have decades of experience in helping injured parties and their families fight large insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
What to do After an Accident
- Call 911-you should contact the police so they can come to the scene to properly document the facts and make a determination as to who is at fault in the accident. Make sure you tell the police officer why the other driver was at fault. If you are not feeling well, you should be taken to the nearest hospital by an ambulance.
- Gather information at the accident site-make sure you take pictures from every angle so you can properly document where the motor vehicles were resting, the amount of damage to each vehicle, whether or not there were skid marks, and other helpful photographic evidence. You should also get the name and contact information of the other drivers as well as their insurance information.
- Contact the Portland personal injury lawyers-you want to be told what to do at the earliest possible moment before you make a mistake in attempting to handle your own case. We are happy to provide you with this valuable free information.
- See a doctor-If you have been taken to the hospital, you should make sure that you see a doctor after you will been discharged. If you leave the accident site without going to the hospital, you should make an appointment with the doctor as soon as possible so they can determine the nature and extent of your injuries and provide you with treatment options.
Types of Auto Accident Cases We Handle
- Front and side end collisions.
- Rear end accidents.
- Left-hand turn accidents.
- Distracted driving accidents.
- Drunk driving accidents.
- Reckless driving accidents.
- Hit-and-run accidents.
- Negligent driving accidents.
- Defective vehicle accidents.
- Multiple car accidents.
- Accidents involving rental vehicles.
- Teen driving accidents.
- Elderly driving accidents.
- Drowsy driving accidents.
- Uninsured driver accidents.
- All other auto accident cases.